Have you jumped on the tahini bandwagon yet? We’ve fallen in love with tahini over here and this sauce is another reason to whip up something fabulous in the kitchen!
So what is tahini? Tahini is simply ground sesame seeds. It’s like peanut butter, but sesame seeds! Tahini is packed with nutrients like calcium, copper, iron, b vitamins, omega 3s, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, thiamine, vitamin E, protein and fiber. Phew, what a list! You can pick up tahini at your local health foods grocery store (we went to Whole Foods) or online too! Amazon sells it for cheap here.
And miso… ohhh miso! Miso’s health benefits are out of this world! Not only is it a complete protein, but it also stimulates digestive fluids to restore beneficial probiotics to the intestines, is high in antioxidants to fight free radicals, and strengthens the immune system. We get this white miso paste from Whole Foods.
And garlic… my favorite! I could go on and on about garlic, but it might be easier to check out this list of 11 Proven Health Benefits from Authority Nutrition.
Now onto the recipe…
Garlicky Tahini Miso Sauce
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp water (start with 2 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, mix tahini and lemon juice (by hand). At first this will look very watery, but keep mixing until it forms a paste like consistency.
- Add 2 Tbsp water to the mixture and mix again. The sauce should now be more dressing-like. Actually, this is the Lemon Tahini Dressing! Note that you will use 2 Tbsp water now and possibly another 1 Tbsp as we continue to make the sauce.
- Add 1 tsp miso paste to the mixture and mix well.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp garlic to the mixture and mix well.
- At this time, it is us to you if you want to add the remaining 1 Tbsp of water to reach your desired consistency (we added it).