It will take you longer to READ this recipe than it will for you to make it! Think I’m kidding? Try it out.
I don’t know about you, but I usually leave the “hard” recipes for the professional chefs to make. I try to keep it really simple at home because honestly, who has the time to spend all night in the kitchen? Not me!
Whenever I see lettuce wraps at a restaurant, I’m instantly drawn to them. I don’t know what it is about them, but I always want to try them. It’s probably because I know I will never be fancy enough to make them at home. All those ingredients and sauces…WAY TOO MUCH WORK!
Guess what? Not anymore! I have created the world’s SIMPLEST vegetarian lettuce wrap recipe. I challenge you to find an easier version. Please, tell me if you do!
All you need to make the basic version of this recipe is three ingredients: lettuce, Steamfresh Asian Medley frozen vegetables, and soy sauce. Yes, it’s that simple. I’ve also included two quick and easy homemade dipping sauces for you to try out, as well as additional topping suggestions.
Insanely Easy Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
Serves: 1-2 people
This is the world’s SIMPLEST vegetarian lettuce wrap recipe! Asian inspired and accompanied by two quick and easy sauce recipes: Ginger Soy Sauce and Peanut Dipping Sauce. Prepare yourself a gourmet meal in mere minutes.
- 1 head of lettuce or package / package of romaine leaves
- 1 bag of Steamfresh Asian Medley frozen vegetables
- 1 container soy sauce (actual amount adjusted to your taste)
- Place package of Steamfresh Asian Medley frozen vegetables in microwave and cook according to directions on bag (approx. 5 minutes).
- While vegetables are cooking, take out your lettuce leaves and soy sauce.
- Once vegetables are finished cooking, remove vegetables from microwavable bag and place into serving bowl. Scoop however many vegetables you would like into your lettuce leaves and top with soy sauce and/or any additional topping suggestions listed in the notes below. Don’t forget to check out the recipes for the Ginger Soy Sauce and Peanut Dipping Sauce at the bottom of this post.
- One package of Steamfresh Asian Medley frozen vegetables will serve 1-2 people depending on how many vegetables you put into each lettuce wrap and how hungry you are. I typically eat 3-5 lettuce wraps in one sitting and have easily shared a package with a friend as well as eaten it by myself. I’d buy an extra package just in case because these delicious wraps will be gone before you know it!
- Optional Ingredients:
- If you are adding brown or white rice to your lettuce wraps, I would suggest using the boil-in-a-bag version, as you can cook it quickly (approx. 10 minutes) on the stovetop or in the microwave according to the instructions on the package. If using the microwave, I would cook the rice prior to the vegetables. I like to cook the rice first while making the Ginger Soy Sauce and Peanut Dipping Sauce. Those two sauces are SO easy to make and can be prepared in the 10 minutes it will take to cook the rice.
Well, there you have it! One SUPER SIMPLE recipe for Asian style vegetarian lettuce wraps, two totally out-of-this-world dipping sauces, and countless add-ons to make any lettuce wrap dream come true.
The sky is the limit, and we are just getting started!