[This recipe is from the Forks Over Knives Cookbook.]
You are going to LOVE this Mango Black Bean Salad because it’s quick, easy, and PERFECT for the summertime.
What does it taste like? Sweet, tangy, fresh. You almost forget that you are eating beans– it’s THAT refreshing!
Where should you serve this? Summertime barbecues!
Any tips to make this? Yes! Although this recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare, you will need to chill the recipe for a minimum of 1 hour to let the flavors marry. I suggest preparing this dish the night before serving (if possible). Also, we thought that the recipe yielded a lot of “juice” in the final dish. While it tasted great, I would suggest draining this dish before serving.
Mango Black Bean Salad
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (fresh)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange (use cheese grater for zest)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (use cheese grater for zest)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Drain before serving.
What are some of your favorite summertime recipes? Share in the comments below!