Check out these SIMPLE & LOW CALORIE pumpkin spice muffins 🙂 Ready in under 20 minutes and perfect for any occasion. You can even dress them up as “cupcakes” for Halloween!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 40 mini muffins <– They disappear fast!
- 1 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour (I used whole wheat all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup stevia (I used Truvia)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup unsweeteneed almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat over to 375 degrees and lightly grease mini muffin baking tins.
- Sift together flour, stevia, baking powder, salt and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, almond milk and apple sauce. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix.
- Fill the muffin tins half-way to two-thirds full. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- This recipe works best with mini muffins. I have tried with larger muffins and the consistency is a little off. If you try the larger muffins and have success, please comment below!
- Depending on how many muffins you stretch the batter to make, it will impact the nutritional information. My muffins are usually between 20-30 calories each.
- The muffins will rise A LOT while cooking so be certain not to overfill the tray. These probably would make great cake pops too!
- I am still perfecting the recipe for the icing. The icing in the picture is a combination of coconut oil, powdered sugar (stevia), and vanilla extract. One of my favorite (non-vegan) icing recipes is the traditional cream cheese and powdered sugar icing <3
Do you have a favorite PUMPKIN recipe? Share your favorites in the comments below!