Arriba! Arriba! Today is your lucky day. This refreshing yet filling, quinoa black bean salad is a dish so nice, we made it twice. It’s like the perfect day outfit that can be dressed up for a night on the town. We loved this quinoa black bean salad so much, that we transformed this dish into a completely different nighttime meal, Mexican Stuffed Peppers.
Daytime: This Quinoa Black Bean Salad is light and refreshing. Served cold and with a hint of tang, this is the PERFECT summer salad. Think Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Fourth of July…
Nighttime: Completely redesigned, the Mexican Stuffed Peppers transform this once light and airy dish into a warm, cozy, nighttime meal. Get whisked away by the baked pepper aroma circling in the dining room air. Circle ‘round the dinner table to enjoy this hearty dinner. We believed the flavor transformed so much during the cooking process, that we actually created a Cilantro Lime Dressing to drizzle on top and add a little kick. Complete this meal with a Mexican Chopped Salad and you have yourself a family feast!
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (yields approx. 4 cups cooked)
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup corn, canned, drained & rinsed (can add more if desired)
- 1 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles (do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, diced finely
- Salt and pepper (according to taste – approx. ¼ teaspoon each)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa to boiling water, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not open the lid during this time.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, beans, corn, tomato, chiles, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff quinoa with fork and add to mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together and serve! To enjoy this salad cold, chill in fridge for approx. 30 minutes prior to serving.