This could be the BEST homemade hummus I have EVER eaten! I am still shocked that I was able to create this amazing dish in my own home and in under 10 minutes. This recipe was featured on Inspired Taste and was developed by Joanne Gallagher. JOANNE – THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I’ve listed the ingredients below, but you have to check out Joanne’s post to view her detailed instructions complemented with pictures of every step in the process. She is a hummus genius!
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 0 mins Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 4-6 (yield 1.5 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini (she uses Krinos, I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
- ½ of a large garlic clove (I used 1 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ – 1 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust according to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water (I used 3)
- Dash of ground paprika for serving (I omitted)
What’s the secret to her heavenly homemade hummus?
Find out all the details here. Serve this hummus with sliced veggies (carrots, celery, etc.) or with our homemade pita chips (recipe below)!
- Pre-made pita bread (refer to notes)
- Olive oil / cooking spray
- Garlic salt (if desired)
- Preheat toaster oven (or traditional oven) to 350 degrees.
- Pull apart each pita pocket to create two pita circles.
- Cut each circle into 6 pieces (similarly to a pizza pie), lightly coat with olive oil or spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with garlic salt (or other desired seasoning).
- Cook in toaster oven (or regular oven) for 10 minutes or until crispy. That’s it!