*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for disclosure.
Mexican Chopped Salad
Let’s get real, there’s no need to introduce a salad. Look at it – it’s beautiful! Top this with the Cilantro Lime Dressing and have yourself a wonderful little meal.
- Romaine lettuce, chopped or shredded
- Black beans, drained & rinsed (if canned)
- Corn, drained & rinsed (if canned)
- Red onion, diced
- Tomato, seeded & diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Salt & Pepper (according to taste)
- Dressing (see notes)
- Compile all ingredients and top with the Cilantro Lime Dressing (link below). Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days in the fridge. Note that the avocado will turn brown if left uncovered.
Avocado notes – To determine whether an avocado is ripe, the avocado should be a deep green-brown color and slightly mushy when squeezed. If your avocado is hard, place it in a brown paper bag and store at room temperature. To speed up the ripening process, add an apple or tomato to the brown paper bag. To cut the avocado, use a large kitchen knife and slice the avocado in half long ways. You will hit a large pit in the center so you will need to run your knife around the perimeter of the avocado pit in order for you to cut the avocado into two halves. Next, simply twist the avocado gently and pull the two halves apart. To remove the pit, you can stab it with a knife and pull it out or simply scoop around it. Then, slice the avocado into several slices (it is okay if you cut through the skin) and peel the skin away by using your finger or a spoon. Ta da!