Shedding Postpartum Pounds
Does it feel like no matter how badly you want to lose the weight, there just isn’t enough time in the day, enough energy in your soul, or enough freedom sneak a few minutes in for yourself? Are you constantly battling that mental tug-of-war between sought-after sleep and breaking a sweat? What if we changed the way we looked at exercise? What if our baby, our family, and our health was a reason, not an excuse? It’s time to recognize that we don’t have to choose between the two. Yes mommies, you can have it all. Once you’ve gotten the green light from your doctor to start exercising, check out these 6 slimming strategies to get your body back.
- Stay positive. Focus on what you’ve accomplished so far and the weight you’ve already lost.
- Get moving. That stroller was expensive, so its time to put it to use. Get outside and get moving. Too dark out? Check out RunLites running/walking gloves with built in lights.
- Sneak it in. Baby-wearing is like carrying an 8- to 12- pound medicine ball at all times. Strap on your baby and do some squats.
- Join a group. Get support from Facebook mommy groups, meetup.com groups, and local mommy and me classes. Check out My Gym Children’s Fitness Center in Coconut Creek for group classes.
- Find an activity you enjoy— jogging, yoga, cycling, swimming, walking— and plan it into your week.
- Don’t discount the small stuff. Every action counts. Try this out: 40 jumping jacks, 30 second plank, 20 sit-ups, 10 squats, 5 overhead baby presses.
Fitness Pick of the Month
Has daylight savings time impacted your morning run? RunLites running gloves are here to save the day. With plenty of colors to choose from, these gloves are the perfect accessory to your fitness arsenal. See and be seen with RunLites gloves. Find out more at www.gorunlites.com.