In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we had our first ever Skinny Margarita-off! I’m pretty sure we were just looking for an excuse to celebrate, but any excuse is a good excuse… right?
Our goal was straightforward– simple ingredients, nothing artificial, quick assembly, and as low calorie as possible. No one wants to waste calories on drinks…
Our official Skinny Margarita!
- 1 cup “lime” sparkling water (we use Syfo or La Croix)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 shot tequila
- 1/2 – 1 tsp stevia (or agave) (adjust to taste)
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Put all ingredients into a mason jar and stir/shake well. Be careful shaking and using carbonated beverages! Note: If you are sensitive to a certain flavor (e.g., you do not like sweet drinks) then start with less of that flavor and adjust to your satisfaction.
- Rim glass with salt or sugar. Note: To rim a glass with salt or sugar, place salt or sugar in a thin layer on a plate or shallow dish. Wet mouth of glass with lime. Dip mouth of glass into salt or sugar.
- Top with a lime wedge. Note: If your wedge isn’t staying put, slice in between the “meat” and the rind (see picture).
We used Syfo and/or La Croix for our “lime” sparkling water, but there is a huge variety at the grocery store. If you do not want to use a flavored sparkling water, simple use a regular sparkling water and add an extra tablespoon of lime juice.
How did your Skinny Margarita turn out? Did you add any fun flavors or twists to make it unique?